For press information, please contact Nehlsen Communications at 309.736.1071 or www.ncpr.com.
Pipefitters Local Union 597 has a force consisting of over 7,000 highly trained pipe fitters and service technicians who have completed a rigorous 5 year training program in Local Union 597’s state-of-the-art training facility.
Located in Mokena, IL the Training Center is a 198,00 square foot facility that includes:
- 116 welding booths
- Two computer rooms with 20 student stations in each room
- Two coupon cutting machines (flame cuts & Machine bevels)
- Overhead crane
- Lecture hall complete with wireless laptops
- Auditorium seating for 250
- Complete HVAC instructional/practical area
In addition to the HVAC and Building Trades Apprenticeship Program, the training center offers all Local Union 597 members classes in HVAC, preparation courses for the Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and open welding classes, United Association Certified Rigging courses and UA STAR Exams for HVAC and Pipefitters Mastery.