MCA Chicago is proud to invest in the future of our industry through involvement and collaboration with MCAA Student Chapters, particularly those at Illinois State University, Bradley University, Purdue University and Milwaukee School of Engineering. MCA Chicago’s Career Development Committee is dedicated to building contractor and student relationships, introducing students to mechanical contracting in hands-on ways early on in their academic careers, and increasing opportunities for students to find a career in our industry.
Member companies looking to hire students for internships or future full-time positions can:
- Start the hiring process early. Many students land summer internships or jobs as early as the September before, so don’t wait until the last minute to recruit talent.
- Get to know the students. Attend MCA Regular Business Meeting and events with student attendance, volunteer to have students tour your company to get hands-on look at the industry, attend a university career fair or fundraiser, and more. Contact Katelyn Youngblood to learn how your company can get involved and meet prospective talent.
- Take advantage of MCAA and the Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation’s Student Internship grants , which are available to companies hiring undergraduate interns.
- Use this Form to create a position listing. MCA will send this to our affiliated student chapters.
Contact MCA Chapter Advisors directly and ask them for a student recommendation.
- Joseph Cleary, Illinois State University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kristy Wolfe, Bradley University (email@example.com)
- Bryan Hubbard, Purdue University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Blake Wentz, Milwaukee School of Engineering (email@example.com)
Are you a student looking for resources and opportunities in the Chicagoland area? Here’s how MCA of Chicago can help you:
- Networking. A wide variety of networking events, particularly those planned by our young Emerging Leaders Section, provide an excellent opportunity to interact with and learn from people in the industry. Ask your advisor for information on the next upcoming student chapter event.
- Hands-on education. MCA partners with our member companies to help you envision your career in the mechanical industry. You’ll learn more about what our contractors actually do by taking part in opportunities like touring Chicago high rises mid-construction, assembling sheet metal using shop tools, and more.
- MCA of Chicago Student Scholarships. Nearly $20,000 in scholarships is awarded every year to qualified applicants from MCA Student Chapters. These scholarships will be awarded at MCA’s Regular Business Meeting on January 17, 2017. The deadline to submit the 2016 Student Scholarship application was December 12, 2016.
- Job opportunities. Our members are constantly looking for the best talent to hire for internships and post-graduate hires. MCA events and contacts allow you to make connections, share your resume and find a job that you will love.